Mission, Goals and Values
To exalt the supremacy of Jesus Christ in evangelizing Muslims through educating and activating the Church for mission to Muslims. The Legacy Conferences seek to honor, capture and communicate that passion and ideals of Samuel Zwemer for today!
1. To examine and promote biblically-sound mission principles, especially as embodied in the life and theology of Samuel Zwemer.
2. To motivate church leaders and lay people to embrace God's task of reaching the nations.
3. To stimulate local church commitment to evangelizing Muslims in the United States and the world.
4. To engage the Detroit-area Muslim community during the Arab International Festival.
1. God has graciously chosen to reveal Himself to mankind. The Bible is God’s written revelation. We affirm the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety as the only written word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice. We also affirm the power of God's word to accomplish his purpose of salvation. The message of the Bible is addressed to all men and women. God's revelation in Christ and in Scripture is unchangeable. Through it the Holy Spirit still speaks today. He illumines the minds of God's people in every culture to perceive its truth freshly through their own eyes and thus discloses to the whole Church ever more of the many-colored wisdom of God.
2. Legacy Conferences focus upon God’s glory and His passion for reaching the lost among the nations of the world.
3. Legacy Conferences are designed to promote sound theology.
4. Theology matters, and Legacy Conferences are committed to sound theology. Specific points of "sound theology" are determined by the Board.
5. Evangelism is the proclamation of and obedience to biblical truths.
6. Public Confession of Jesus as Lord and Savior is absolutely essential.
Note: The Legacy Board is sensitive to the desire to contextualize the gospel message for Muslim cultures. We believe, however, that approaches that compromise Values 4 and 5 above implicitly reject the Bible’s teaching.